bulb info on light fixture carton

Old 10-13-03, 05:22 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question bulb info on light fixture carton

I am planning to replace a kitchen fluorescent light fixture (with a typical ring bulb) with an incandescent fixture. Haven't looked at wiring considerations yet but previous experience in this old farmhouse says it won't be the same as the instructions.

My wife and I have been looking at various incandescent light fixtures. Some boxes have 'bulb info' labels. On the light she likes, the 'bulb info' says "60-watt max, 2 bulbs required".

Question #1: does the '60-watt max' bulb info refer to the maximum wattage per bulb (meaning two 60-watt bulbs)? Or does it refer to the maximum wattage for the entire fixture(meaning two 30-watt bulbs)? way too many lawyers around these days!

Question #2: any wiring/circuit considerations for switching from fluorescent to incandescent?

trying to think ahead without losing sleep!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-03, 06:35 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
1) Two bulbs, 60-watts each.

2) No. Just make sure you carefully record how the old fixture was connected and connect the new one to the same wires. Do not disconnect any more wires than necessary to get the old fixture out. The worst mistake people make is to start by disconnecting everything in the box.

If the new fixture has a 90-degree wiring requirement, don't ignore it!