Looking for a floor outlet

Old 10-28-03, 09:42 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 76
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Looking for a floor outlet

Hey guys, I'm trying to spec a floor outlet I saw a few years ago. It's for a residence, and the way it's set up is, it is rather deep, so you can actually run the plug end down into the box, and there is a small hole on top for the wire to come through. This way, you can lay a rug over the entire thing and never realize it's there. Does anyone here know a specific manufacturer for such a thing? Seems like the plug was angled down in the box. I've been searching, but everything I've found is large, commercial looking stuff. Would like something small and preferably brass or brown painted metal.

Old 10-28-03, 11:45 AM
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Calgary Canada
Posts: 697
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Check Hubbel for what you need. You might also want to check out Spider manufacturing (http://www.spidermfg.com/recessfloor.htm) they have some good boxes although the size of them might be too large for your needs. Another one with a smaller hinged lid box would be Interface floor. (www.interface.com) they have what they call the low profile 2 gang floor box might be exactly what you need.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: