cut wire

Old 11-20-03, 05:42 AM
zturbo
Visiting Guest
Angry cut wire

I was drilling a hole last night for a outlet I'm adding in my garage for a TV.I was drilling in the bonus room above the garage and I accidently cut a existing wire feeding the outlets in my garage. My breaker box is not that far away from where I cut wire(6'). My question is do I need to try and feed a new wire from the breaker box up to the bonus room and install a junction box or can I install 2 junction boxes where it is the easiest. I just don't know if I can feed a new wire up through the insulated wall from the breaker box. Would 2 junction boxes be safe. This would be the easiest way if it would be safe. Please reply soon because I want to try to fix tonite and get my garage outlets working. Thanks

Old 11-20-03, 07:22 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You can install one or more junction boxes to fix your broken wire.

However, all junction boxes must be permanently accessible. This means that they cannot be installed into a wall and then plastered over, they cannot be hidden under floorboards, etc.

Old 11-20-03, 01:52 PM
rob1kva
Visiting Guest
I agree with L.P. if the J.B.s are to be buried in a wall why don't you use oldwork boxes make the needed repairs and use blank plates?

Old 11-21-03, 05:14 AM
zturbo
Visiting Guest
Talking cut wire

Worked on it last night and everything went very well. I installed a JB on the garage wall with a white cover plate to match the wall. Other one is in the attic of the bonus room. Seems everything is great. I just have to patch a hole in my garage wall where I had to fish the wire through. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: