Under Cabinet Lighting

Old 11-24-03, 01:13 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Under Cabinet Lighting

I have purchased new kitchen cabinets and want to direct wire under cabinet lights with a dimmer switch. Could you recommend some sights or lighting that would be proper for this installation. Wife is not real fond of flourescent light fixtures under the cabinets. Looking for puck type lights that would swivel or redirect.Would appreciate your help, puuling my hair out
Old 11-24-03, 05:14 PM
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 317
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You can walk into most home improvment stores and see first hand the vast lighting displays they have to demonstrate their products. Most puk type have dimmers built in and dim with the touch of a finger on ane of the metal hinges. look around and you will see an abundance of products to fit your needs. As for recommending a specific brand name I am not that familiar with the products to be able to do that.
Old 11-25-03, 04:29 AM
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 475
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I replaced my builder-supplied flourescent under-cabinet lighting with Xenon "linear lighting" - a low-voltage track system with tiny single and double bulb fixtures. See


Juno has a similar system.
Old 11-25-03, 03:16 PM
Mojo Nixon
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Also doind the same. The 2 best systems I've seen are by Juno and W.A.C.

For W.A.C. go here:


Available in both low and line voltage.

I haven't found an online vendor for Juno, but their products are here:


Juno is supposed to be the "better" one, but both have been recommended to me.

The system Paul recommended is nice, but you can see the fixtures (which you may want) and they aren't "approved" for over the sink use.

Good luck

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: