Adding Track Lights

Old 11-29-03, 10:00 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Adding Track Lights

Yesterday I added (4) 75W recessed lights in a bedroom and a junction box in the other bedroom, which serves as an office, for later addition of track lights. I have two questions: (1) what load can I have on this circuit and (2) recommenations for track lights. I prefer smaller halogen fixtures, but would like to stay away from the added cost of low voltage. I have also had good luck with the Home Depot variety (Hampton Bay) line and low voltage fixtures. Currently I have the following load on this 15A circuit: bathroom GFCI outlet, batroom light (100W)/fax fixture, bathroom vanity (160W), recessed lights (300W), bedroom outlets (26" TV, clock radio).

Kevin
ksb1@cox.net

Old 11-29-03, 03:46 PM
R
I would not add anything to this circuit. It is already heavy with load. In fact, if this were new construction, it would not meet code (due to the bathroom GFCI being on the circuit.

Find a different circuit to tap into, or run a new circuit for whatever you want.

Old 11-29-03, 04:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If you do anything, run a new 20 amp circuit to the bath receptacle and tap the tracks on the existing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: