cordlessdrill recomendations

Old 12-05-03, 01:34 PM
rob1kva
Visiting Guest
cordlessdrill recomendations

Just wanted to say thanks to speedypetey,sberry27,noxx & all the rest for the tips & info on helping me make my choice. I picked up a Milwaukee 18v. hammer drill/driver,2 batts.,charger,case {$250} at a local electrical supply. Iwent to H.D. earlier and their prices were $50 higher,I did see a P.C. in 14v. on display {but not boxed} for $240. I also got a price for the same exact model {Mil0624-24}from Colonial Tools.com of $300. Now my problem is I need to drum up some work to use it LOL. The weather here is not exactly great for working outdoors right now.
Happy Holidays everyone, Rob

Old 12-05-03, 02:56 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Good for you Rob!

I tell people all the time, usually ones who aren't in the trades . Don't automatically rely on home centers prices to be the lowest

Old 12-05-03, 04:32 PM
noxx
Visiting Guest
Just a side note. While I wouldn't recommend it for power tools, which can be worn or damaged without showing signs, EBay is actually a pretty decent spot to check for other tool needs. I picked up a brand new slugbuster set there (retail $189) for just under a hundred bucks. Pays to always shop around.

Old 12-06-03, 02:22 PM
rob1kva
Visiting Guest
Wow, under $100 for a slugbuster thats great. That sounds too good to be true. Its like one of those dark alley deals with the guy in a trenchcoat selling watches LOL.

Old 12-06-03, 02:49 PM
Rlfrazee
Visiting Guest
Rob you are going to like the milwakee we use them ,no, we beat them up on the job and they still keep going. After hundreds of anchor holes and driving screws we have had to replace some brush sets but nothing else. Hardly ever shop the big stores, buy most of my tools from local tool supply with warranty repair shop. I love HP and Lowes way to repair your tool "Do not return send tool back to manufacturer" yea right and I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance....RL

Old 12-18-03, 12:59 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by rob1kva
Wow, under $100 for a slugbuster thats great. That sounds too good to be true. Its like one of those dark alley deals with the guy in a trenchcoat selling watches LOL.
Sounds real good. I spent close to 250.00 for my set.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: