Wiring a garage

Old 01-03-04, 12:08 PM
ds_ez
Visiting Guest
Question Wiring a garage

I have a 2 1/2 car garage that some idiot before me connected to the dowstairs family room and the living room. I have run a 60 amp circuit out to the garage and installed a new circuit breaker box and had some ideas on what to do with wiring the garage. First thing is to put in a dedicated circuit for the garage door opener. Next I would like to wire lights both in the garage and the attic on switches. Then I want to wire up outlets along the wall and for my workbench I am building. All of these would be on seperate circuits. What would be the best way to do this?

I was thinking about running a 3/4 conduit to a circuit box in the center of the garage and then branching off for the garage door opener, the lights and then the outlets so everything comes from the top. When I get to the wall for the outlets, I would just go to one spot and then go sideways to the other outlet on the same wall.

Sound good or do I need to modify this?
Thanks,
Doug

Old 01-03-04, 07:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
My opinion:

All the openers on one 20amp circuit.
All the lights on one 15amp circuit. 20 is fine if you are more comfortable with that.
All the receptacles on (one or) two 20amp cricuits.
Any dedicated loads or tools each on a dedicated circuit. IE: welder, compressor, etc.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: