Getting power to my sheds

Old 01-04-04, 10:55 PM
ivebeenbad
Visiting Guest
Getting power to my sheds

I have two sheds and would like to add electricity to them. I was thinkin of adding a subpanel out there and wiring that to the main breaker in the house.

I have a little eletrical knowledge, but I would like some tips and or advice on this project.

Old 01-05-04, 05:59 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Before you consider a subpanel you should determine if a subpanel is really needed. What are youe elefctrical requirements at the sheds? Do you want lights and an outlet or two, or do you want to try to run power tools with heavy current requirements and/or 240 volt needs? Are the sheds near each other or are they a distance apart?

Depending on the answers to the questions you will have several options.

You could run a circuit to each shed from the main panel, either of which could be multiwire circuits. You could run a subpanel to one shed, and a multiwore circuit to the other shed from the first shed or the main panel, or you could put subpanels in each shed.

Each solution has certain requirements and areas of concern for a do-it-yourselfer.

Old 01-09-04, 02:14 PM
ivebeenbad
Visiting Guest
The sheds are right next to each other. I need lighting in both, outlets in both, the ability to run power tools and 240V for a welder in the furthest. We also have no room in our box for another breaker or I would have gone that route.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: