Chandelier Replacement Globe

Old 01-05-04, 11:48 AM
sjpotter
Visiting Guest
Question Chandelier Replacement Globe

Hello -- I'm looking for a dining room chandelier light replacement globe. Not sure if this is the right forum, but didn't see any others at doityourself.com which seemed closer to topic.

This is a simple 5 light chandelier in a condo built in the 80's. Each globe is about 6" round glass globe, a more or less neutral "smoke" tint to the glass which is otherwise clear. Each globe simply sits on top of each of the 5 lights in the fixture via a small "lip" at the base of the globe. About 3 1/8" diameter base.

While cleaning the other day, broke the darn thing.

Have been to several places in Denver metro area, and the closest I've found in the Denver area are more amber colored than neutral smoke, and some are only coated with a cheap color coating, not actual glass color (have already discovered how easily this coating flakes off with one attempted replacement).

One local lighting shop said these are "out of style". In my house they are still in style, but all too fragile. :-)

Ideally would like to locate a Denver area shop so I can physically compare, especially for glass color, but at this juncture I'm open to other suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

Sheldon

Old 01-05-04, 11:54 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It is hard to do what you are planning as once the new styles come in it is very hard to locate just one globe. A place to try that might have them available is E-Bay, or any garage sales or flea markets in your area. Otherwise you might just have to replace them all.

Old 01-05-04, 09:41 PM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
If you run a google search on "glass shades" you will find many sources. Many shades are actually used in numerous lighting styles and are common at reproduction web sites.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: