Wiring diagram needed

Old 01-24-04, 07:23 PM
Brian12345
Visiting Guest
Question Wiring diagram needed

HI WHAT I NEED IS A WIRING DIAGRAM TO MAKE A BUZZER AND LIGHT SYSTEM ,LIKE ON THE GAME SHOW JEOPARDY.

Old 01-24-04, 07:57 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Can you state that in the form of a question??

Old 01-24-04, 09:54 PM
J
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Making the buzzer is easy. What is harder is having a light that shows who pressed the button first. This is going to involve some sort of relay that not only turns on one of the lights but locks out the other buttons. Then you need another relay to hold the light on even after the button is released. Finally, you need a mechanism to reset the light for the next quesiton. It's going to be tricky. I'm betting that somewhere on the web is a circuit to do this, since I'm sure you're not the first person who ever wanted to do this. Unfortunately, I am not aware of one.

I hope someone else can point you to a diagram.

Old 01-25-04, 02:46 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Give something like this a try. It's using relays. You can use any voltage you want, or use a PLC. A circuit also could be easily made with radio shack SR flip-flops and some AND/OR gates. There are all kinds of ways to do the job.

This circuit should work, but it's just a rough design I made up and is untried. You might wish to add some bell & whistles on to it as you desire. There is a lockout feature so the first button that's pushed locks out the other two. The button that's pushed also turns on a light and latches in. A buzzer sounds and continues to buzz until the "clear" button is pressed. If you wish to only have the buzzer sound for a second you could just rig up some kind of a single shot timing circuit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: