Correct Thermostat?

Old 02-16-04, 04:59 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Correct Thermostat?

I recently installed a "wall furnace" type fireplace in a large family room. The fireplace will be used as the primairy heat in that room and operate off of a low voltage, wall mounted thermostat.

The fireplace (Heatilator Model CNXT701T) has a "standing pilot" (like a hot water heater pilot).

I want to connect the wall mounted thermostat to operate the "on/off" fire function, which will operate the fireplace just the same as a furnace. I purchased a Honeywell Model CT87B thermostat for this purpose.

When I got the thermostat home and started to read the "fine print", I find that the "stat" I purchased was NOT RECOMMENDED for use with a Millivolt "Standing Pilot", gas heat - 2 wire system.

Ok?......Which model theremostat should I use or which one would the experts recommended? I am confused.

Old 02-16-04, 10:30 PM
imjerry
Visiting Guest
This Maybe

I just read the instruction manual for that Model, According to the Manufacturer it has an electronic pilot, Please read the following installation manual, you will need Acrobat Reader which is free to download in order to read this file Good luck Jerry

According to Heatilator you need a 110 Volt electric feed and the unit has a 24 transformer to run the ignition system and gas valve !!

Better read or get a pro to do it !

http://www.heatilator.com/downloads/...NXTINSTALL.PDF

Last edited by imjerry; 02-16-04 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-17-04, 06:10 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Many states now require electronic ignition on gas devices.

Even if pilot lights are allowed, they are dangerous and a waste of fuel.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: