Old 02-20-04, 09:27 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I was working on rerouting my cable TV connections recently and noticed the following. There appears to be a ground, conduit driven into the ground, that a the cable and phone boxes have wires run to. There is one wire however that is cut that looks like it ran from the outside ground to the water supply entry pipe. Should this wire be connected between the two grounding points? If so what size wire should I use to replace it?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-04, 03:07 PM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 18,497
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is any of this part of the electrical system grounding, or are you only talking about grounding of the cable and phone? Electrical system grounding depends on where that bare wire(s) coming out of the electrical panel goes.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: