Wiring Dimmer Switches

Old 02-27-04, 05:52 PM
ru2chim
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Wiring Dimmer Switches

I am using leviton HCM10-1SW (1000w) masters and MSO0R-10W (1000w) slaves. For the 3-way application, how do I tell where to put the Master or does it matter. How do I tell for the 4-way, I'm pretty sure this matters. I do not have neutral wires.

The first dimmer set I am installing is for the 3-way switches in the dining room. Both old switches have two black wires on the right side of the switch and one red on the lower left side of the switch (and a green ground). Question 1: The Leviton master dimmer HCM10-1SW has one yellow, one white, one blue, and one black wire (and a green ground). Where do these wires connect to on the old switch wires? Question 2: The slave dimmer MSO0r-10W has one yellow and one blue wire (and a green ground). Where do these wires connect to on the old switch wires?

Pics attached

Old 03-05-04, 08:03 PM
Christopher
Visiting Guest
More info. please

Could you give more info. please?Sounds like all you need is 2-3way dimmers.How many switches are you replacing with dimmers? What kind of light fixtures are you dimming?How many fixtures, because of the wattage factor?

I could not find the pics you have attached.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: