Bathroom fan/heater

Old 03-04-04, 09:35 AM
BrianG
Visiting Guest
Bathroom fan/heater

We have a small (6' X 4') bathroom at work without any heat or exhaust fan, which I'd like to remedy. I was looking at the Broan 164 or 658 models, which seem pretty ideal, except they both state that they MUST be installed in the ceiling, not in walls. The bathroom is downstairs and installing it in the ceiling is not a possibility. It does have a small (13" x 24") window which I could easily remove to install a fan/heater there. Can anyone tell me if Broan (or anyone else) makes a fan/heater that would be suitable? Or if the 164 or 658 models could actually be used for this purpose? Thanks for any help you can provide me.

Old 03-04-04, 11:44 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Even tho they belong in a kitchen,how about a thru the wall kitchen exhaust fan.I don't belive theres any code stating they cannot go in another room.

Old 03-04-04, 11:49 AM
R
You don't want a bathroom exhaust fan going anywhere but outdoors.

Old 03-04-04, 12:49 PM
BrianG
Visiting Guest
I think ampz was probably suggesting I use a kitchen-type exhaust fan to exhaust air outside, not into the kitchen (at least I HOPE so, euuuuu!)

I've have seen bathroom exhaust fans meant to be installed in walls, but I need it to have the heater component, too, and they all seem to be aimed at mounting in the ceiling. I guess I could install seperate units, a wall-mounted exhaust fan and then a seperate wall-mounted heater, but I'd rather do a 2-in-1.

Any other ideas?

Old 03-05-04, 05:18 PM
LOL!!!! Yes I was suggesting using a kitchen fan for this installation,that to me is the best way to go. You never know ,depending upon what the food is like you may prefer to smell the bathroom exhaust.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: