NO power to room

Old 03-07-04, 09:46 AM
TheCobraman
Visiting Guest
Unhappy NO power to room

Ok i am new to this so please help me. In my bath room i have no power what so ever, none to either light switch or either outlet. I have reset breakers and everyroom around it works. This is the only room that doesn't have power. I have gone up in the attic to see if there was anything obvious and didn't see anything. The switch box has 4 sets of wires, all the whites are tied together and the switches each have 2 black and 1 bare. no power anywhere. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-04, 10:39 AM
you probably have a GFCI receptacle (the ones with the buttons) tripped somewhere in your house. Check other bathrooms, kitchen, basement, garage, and outside outlets. Builders are notoriously stingy with these outlets and may only put one or two to supply all required circuits. Now is a good time to locate all GFCI's in your house and test them. Check areas I stated earlier and press the test button on the GFCI. You should hear a click and the reset button should pop out. Press the reset button and it should stay in. If you find one which already has the reset button popped out, this is probably your culprit. Go ahead and find any others and test them also. You should optimally test each outlet every month (maybe I should practice what I preach). Good luck!

Scott E.

Old 03-07-04, 12:23 PM
I agree. Often it is the GFCI in the garage hidden behind the pile of boxes stored in the corner.