difference between a 150 amp to a 200 amp service??

Old 03-19-04, 06:25 AM
D
Dpdblues
Visiting Guest

Gonna buy a house that comes with a 150 amp service, what would I get with a 200 amp upgrade, I guess, what is the big diffrence in the upgrade to the basic( e.g can run more items)

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-04, 06:36 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
50 amps.

Whether or not you need the extra 50 amps depends on a lot of things, primarily the size of the house and whether or not the major appliances are gas or electric. It also depends on any future plans, such as an addition, a finished basement, a workshop, etc. And it could depend on your hobbies: rebuilding cars, making pottery, etc.

The actual cost difference of the initial installation of 150 vs. 200 is small, but most builders charge a pretty penny for it. I think it's a good money-making upgrade for them.

Start by telling us the square footage of the house. Then tell us whether the following are gas or electric: home heat, cooking, clothes drying, water heater. Then tell us whether or not you will need air conditioning. Then tell us about anything unusual in your planned power usage.

Old 03-19-04, 07:27 AM
D
Dpdblues
Visiting Guest

Gonna buy a house that comes with a 150 amp service, what would I get with a 200 amp upgrade, I guess, what is the big diffrence in the upgrade to the basic( e.g can run more items)

Old 03-19-04, 07:38 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
This is the third time in an hour you've made exactly the same post. You appear to be having trouble with the forum. Can we help?

Old 03-20-04, 08:05 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello: Dpdblues

Need a favor. Please use the reply button to add information or post a reply to your question. Doing so keeps all the info within this thread which makes it easier to follow along for all of us.

Your co operation in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Unless you are having problems doing so as a result of web site or forums operations. In that case please advise so we can help.

(These posts have been merged to combined them all into one.)

Thanks,
Web Site Host & Forums Monitor
Sharp Advice