outlet

Old 03-23-04, 04:24 PM
Motorhead
Visiting Guest
outlet

Need to install an outlet approx.200 ft.from panel box.This is going outside,underground,to an outlet approx.10 feet from water(lake)It will be used to plug in a battery charger to recharge batteries for trolling motors.Questions are what gauge wire do I use,does wire have to be in conduit or can I use UV cable.is a GFI outlet sufficent or do I need a gfi circut breaker.Thanks for any help.....LOU

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-04, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How deep do you want to dig your trench to bury the cable? What are the power requirements for the chargers, and how many do you intend to plug in at one time? Do you intend to try to plug anything else into these same outlets?

And finally, regarding the GFCI question? Do you want to go all the way back to the panel to reset a tripped GFCI, or do you want to simply press the reset button on the outlet?

Old 03-23-04, 08:20 PM
Motorhead
Visiting Guest
The battery charger will be a standard small charger.10 amp charge,2 amp trickle,no other items to be used while charger is being operated,Most of wire will be approx 1 foot underground except when it gets close to shore line,it is all rock for approx 10 feet then drops another 20 feet to water.