electricity

Old 03-27-04, 07:40 AM
achhee
Visiting Guest
electricity

2 weeks ago my bathroom light was in problem, mean exhaust fan and light was not working but out let was working they r still in problem and a new problem occurs that in my laundary room all lights are working but outlet for washer and dryer is not working please tell me how to start checking of the fault in detail
thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-04, 10:03 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
First make sure that the circuit breakers are all on. This means that you should turn them off and then on, as sometimes they look on but are tripped, and sometimes they must be turned off before they can be turned back on if they have tripped.

Once all the breakers are on, then make sure that all GFCIs are reset. You may have GFCIs in the basement, outside, in the garage, in the kitchen and in the bathrooms. Make sure that they all are properly operating. (is, test them and then reset them.)

If you still have a problem then you will have to start checking outlets and switches for a disconnected wire. You will have to check all outlets that are one a circuit until you find the problem, includeing light fixtures, receptacle outlets, etc., and I mean all of them, the working ones and the non-working ones.

Old 03-29-04, 06:18 AM
achhee
Visiting Guest
electricity

I could not found the breakers I have only fuses and I replace one fuse than my laundry room problem was solved than i replace another but that make very sharp light and blown , and today morning stove was working properly but after 5 minutes that was off and fridge is working but light is very dim in kitchen
please help me on that matter
thanks

Old 03-29-04, 06:22 AM
BuzzHazzard
Visiting Guest
It is now time to open up the Yellow Pages and find a good electrician.

Old 03-29-04, 06:55 AM
If you are blowing a fuse then you have a short somewhere, or an immediate overload.

If you can;t find the short then you need to hire an electrician.

Old 03-29-04, 07:38 AM
light is very dim in kitchen
Call your power company. Ask them to come out and check your service connections.