220 european to 110 american

Old 04-01-04, 01:26 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
220 european to 110 american

I have a 220 european professional hair dryer that I need to convert to 110 american. is this possible? Would it just be a rewire or more?

I havent been able to find an adapter. Radio shack's doesnt work (maybe wrong cycle or watts).

Any help appreciated.
Old 04-01-04, 06:31 AM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 17,733
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Probably not possible to convert it. The best option is probably a transformer, but that might be more expensive than a new hair dryer. Another possibility is to run it on U.S. 220 volts, but that has some safety issues. All in all, I usually try to discourage the North American use of appliances designed for use in Europe.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: