Fan light

Old 04-07-04, 04:03 PM
Charlene
Visiting Guest
Fan light

I installed a remote receiver in my fan, and now the light won't go on. When I do get the light to go on, the fan control won't work right. ie: I push the High button for the fan, and the light comes on, and the lower settings for the fan turn everything off!!!
I thought the problem might be with the light kit, I opened that up and the blue wire isn't connected to anything. The light has a black and a blue wire, the fan has red, black, green, white and a few other colors. Is that blue wire supposed to be connected to something? White doesn't seem to work, what about the black or the red?

Um, help!

Old 04-07-04, 11:28 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Please give some clarification:
did the remote control come with the fan, purchased at the same time as a matching accessory, or added to an existing fan possibly of a different brand?

Something is not right with what you said, as I interpret it: the light(s) cannot work if there are only two wires going to it and the blue is not connected. I will reinterpret this given I have installed fans before: The disconnected blue is with a black, white and green at the TOP canopy at the ceiling connecting to the building's wiring. If this is the case, the blue from top to bottom is unused and capped, the black accompanying it feeds the remote control relay unit, the black wire from the light goes into a terminal, as does 3 or more wires for the fan motor. If the remote control also controls reversing, there may be 9 wires total for the motor.

It sounds to me like two wires are accidently reversed.
gj

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: