mast for service entrance

Old 04-16-04, 10:02 AM
brian64
Visiting Guest
mast for service entrance

where i put the meter socket i'm 139 feet away from the nearest pole..i installed a mast and i need to add guy wires,,because i'm over 100 feet...do they sell a kit for the wire or can i go to a home store and get a peice of 3/8's wire and a turnbuckles and make my own up??this is going on my log cabin with a 200 service...my mast is 23 inches up from the roof line,and central maine power inspector says that i need a wire on the high side are they talking about the guy wires???

thanks inadvance brian

Old 04-16-04, 10:30 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Lightbulb My I offer a suggestion.

Hello: brian64

Try calling the electric power company. Since that line is their power line to the main panel, they are most likely to would know what is code and how best to secure it and what to use to do so.

Been in the nat gas utility industry myself for many years. Our company is always glad to help our customers. Your local electric power company is likely to be wiiling to do so too....

Maine power inspector would be the state of Maine?

Old 04-16-04, 05:04 PM
brian64
Visiting Guest
why yes i'm in the state of maine can't you tell by my accent
paaarrrk the caaarrr in the garraage lol sorry

my next question is power from the pole,,,there is only three [ 3] wires comming to the mast correct....two hot and a neutral[white] wire ...i have to install what they call a[ line side ] i have a piece of 4-0 aluminum that fits from the meter to the top of the weather head and hang out 18inches past it ....do i cut the #2 stranded or what?? i have a Millbank meter socket with a 200 amp breaker in the meter box

Last edited by brian64; 04-16-04 at 05:15 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: