Electrical Outlet Problem

Old 04-17-04, 07:32 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Electrical Outlet Problem

I have 3 kitchen outlets that are all on the same circuit breaker. All 3 of them fail intermittently...most of the time they don't work, then all of the sudden they'll work....then they don't....etc....

I've tested the outlets, and they are getting current. In addiition, I've replaced the curcuit breaker and the outlets...but they're still failing.

Any ideas....?

Thanks....Matt

Old 04-17-04, 07:49 PM
J
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Two possibilities: (1) Somebody else in your house is resetting the GFCI without telling you, or (2) You have a loose connection somewhere. You might want to check all the connections on the circuit. Suspect all hated backstabs. Move them to the adjacent screws.

Old 04-18-04, 08:30 AM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks John,

There is no GFCI for the kitchen outlets that I can see.
I'm not clear what "adjacent screws" you're talking about....Can you please clarify?

Thanks again....Matt

Old 04-18-04, 09:02 AM
phillyguy
Visiting Guest
The adjacent screws John is talking about are the screw terminals on the receptacle itself. If backstab connections were used there won't be any wire looped on the screws. So check to see if the connections to the receptacles are backstabbed, if they are then remove it and wrap it around the screws instead.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: