Additional garage outlets

Old 06-14-04, 07:42 AM
mistaboyd
Visiting Guest
Additional garage outlets

I am in need of extra outlets in my garage mainly for power tool usage, however I am unsure as to how to make it happen. I have one on the ceiling by the garage opener and one on the wall closest to the house. I have no electrical expereince and am in search of the easiest way to accomplish more outlets in my garage. PLEASE HELP!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-04, 08:07 AM
Are you in need of just more outlets?
or do you need them in other locations in the garage.

Old 06-14-04, 08:58 AM
mistaboyd
Visiting Guest
I only need them for the garage. Looking at at least 2 more

Old 06-14-04, 10:09 AM
The easiest way to "accomplish more outlets in [your] garage" is to call an electrician and have him or her do the job.

However, that is not the cheapest solution.

The cheapest solution is to do it yourself. before addressing the issue of how to do this, you need to provide more information.

Is this a detached garage? If so, how far from the main electrical panel? What sort of power tools are we talking about? What else is on the same circuits as the outlet near the garage door openers ands the one on the wall? Is the outlet on the wall a two or three prong outlet?

Old 06-14-04, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by kuhurdler
Are you in need of just more outlets?
or do you need them in other locations in the garage.
So once again, are you wanting just more outlets (right next to existing ones) or do you need them in other locations IN the garage

Old 06-15-04, 06:57 PM
mistaboyd
Visiting Guest
It is attached garage. The breaker box is also in the garage, with two switches dedicated for the garage. All the outlets are three prongs. Currently, I use an extension cord. I mainly will be using table saw, mitre saw, wet/dry vac, pancake compresser, and a fan. Based on the lay out, I think it would be better to stem from the one in the ceiling and run it to the desired wall location. Does this sound right?

Old 06-15-04, 07:15 PM
I am also interested in kuhurdler's twice-asked but not yet answered question. Is the problem that the receptacles are not in the right location for your needs, or that there are not enough ones in the locations where they are?