A/C just blows hot air

Old 06-15-04, 05:45 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry A/C just blows hot air

This is the first day we've needed to use our A/C and when we switched it on, it just blows hot air around. Can this be repaired? It's a Carrier, age unknown. It's not a window A/C.

Old 06-15-04, 05:52 PM
J
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
For appliance repair, I normally just suggest calling a repairman. These repairs typically require special knowlege, parts and tools. But if you want to give it a try, post your question in the Air Conditioning forum. That's where all the experts are. Good luck.

Old 06-16-04, 03:37 AM
F
Is the outdoor condenser running or just the blower (inside). I had the same thing happen to me, and it turns out I had the condenser breaker off.

Old 06-16-04, 08:31 AM
could be as simple as a freon recharge. need a A/C repairman to do this though. After checking fuses, breakers and switches, not much for the handy person to do but call in the pros.

Old 06-16-04, 06:11 PM
A
A/C just blows hot air

I can only hear the fan running in the outside unit. If there is a condenser breaker, where would it be? I've checked our circuit box and everything seems to be on. Is it outside where the A/C is located? It'd be great if it's just a breaker!

Old 06-17-04, 08:31 AM
P
The operation of the condensor air-circulating fan suggests that the control-contactor is switching power to the fan/ compressor motor-circuits inside the condensing section. Possibly there is a defective thermal-protector which has caused an "open" in the compressor-motor circuit.This involves checking the "continuity" of a 220-volt power circuit.

Good Luck & Enjoy the Experience!!!!

Old 06-17-04, 09:27 AM
T
I would probably call a AC guy to check the system. If the outside fan is working then power is getting to the condenser, and the low voltage circuit is working as should. You have to be very close to the condensor to hear the compressor running.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: