Dead Outlet?

Old 06-28-04, 06:56 PM
L
Lsegal
Visiting Guest
Question Dead Outlet?

I have a very small refrigerator plugged into an outdoor non-GFCI outlet on a screened in porch. It had been operating fine for several weeks until today. I reset all of the circuit breakers -- none had been tripped -- because I wan't sure which one supplied this particular outlet. This had no effect, and I checked the outlet to make sure that there weren't any loose wires. Any suggestions as to what else to check before I call an electrician? Is it possible for an outlet to short out and be unable to reset it by flicking the circuit breakers?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-04, 08:39 PM
D
doingitmyself
Visiting Guest
Are there any GFCI's anywhere? There probably are. Check all around outdoors (and indoors, as well). Somewhere you will find a GFCI that has been tripped.

Old 06-28-04, 09:07 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
doingit is on the right track. There is a GFCI somewhere. Try the garage first, try all other outdoor receptacles, try the bathrooms, try the basement. You usually have to look pretty hard to find it.

Old 06-29-04, 03:33 AM
L
Lsegal
Visiting Guest
That Was It!

Thanks for the advice...seems pretty logical in retrospect. I'm sure glad I thought of checking here first before calling someone for something so simple. Thanks again.