Dead Outlet?

Old 06-28-04, 07:56 PM
Lsegal
Visiting Guest
Question Dead Outlet?

I have a very small refrigerator plugged into an outdoor non-GFCI outlet on a screened in porch. It had been operating fine for several weeks until today. I reset all of the circuit breakers -- none had been tripped -- because I wan't sure which one supplied this particular outlet. This had no effect, and I checked the outlet to make sure that there weren't any loose wires. Any suggestions as to what else to check before I call an electrician? Is it possible for an outlet to short out and be unable to reset it by flicking the circuit breakers?

Thanks for any advice.

Old 06-28-04, 09:39 PM
doingitmyself
Visiting Guest
Are there any GFCI's anywhere? There probably are. Check all around outdoors (and indoors, as well). Somewhere you will find a GFCI that has been tripped.

Old 06-28-04, 10:07 PM
J
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doingit is on the right track. There is a GFCI somewhere. Try the garage first, try all other outdoor receptacles, try the bathrooms, try the basement. You usually have to look pretty hard to find it.

Old 06-29-04, 04:33 AM
Lsegal
Visiting Guest
That Was It!

Thanks for the advice...seems pretty logical in retrospect. I'm sure glad I thought of checking here first before calling someone for something so simple. Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: