Light Fixtures


Old 06-30-04, 04:30 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Light Fixtures

I am planning on changing two light fixtures that are currently in my old kitchen. Both of the current fixtures are on pull chains and one is a small sort of track lighting fixture. I don't think that I will be installing switches for these fixtures and want to replace them with new fixtures on pull chains. Can someone point me to a place where I may be able to puchase a newer set of track lighting that is also on a pull chain or are these artifacts of a time gone by? Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-04, 11:46 AM
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 525
If you can use a track fixture with a connector that covers a fixture box (not a "live end" which is track width and inserted into the end of the track) you can drill a hole through the connector and install a pull chain switch. The switch will mount under the cover, inside the fixture box which is mounted in the ceiling.

Another option might be a wireless switch. A transmitter would be mounted above the fixture in the box and a switch surface mounted on the wall.

You could always go with the clapper

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes