Wierd Circuit Problem

Old 06-30-04, 09:18 AM
Bernardfamily
Visiting Guest
Wierd Circuit Problem

I was adding a plug and shut off a several circuits to find the one that I needed to turn off. Before I added the new plug, I found that one section of the house didn't regain power even when all the breakers were turned back on. I flipped the breakers on and off, but nothing helped. A bathroom is included, so I replaced the GFCI plug, only to later find that it wasn't getting any power anyway. I'm not sure what else to check! It seems like it could be one whole circuit that is out, as it includes a bathroom, bedroom, and hall. Does anyone have any ideas for me to check? Thanks in advance!

Old 06-30-04, 09:44 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
There may be more than one GFCI on that circuit. Look all around your house, including the garage, for more GFCIs. Or one of the breakers may still be tripped even if it doesn't look like it. Turn them all back off and on again.

Or you may have made a mistake when you "added a plug". Give us more details about what you did.

Old 06-30-04, 03:54 PM
Spark Chaser
Visiting Guest
Another possibility is - Some breakers have to manually be pull to the off position and then turned to the on position - They will look likle they are completly off - but they have to be pulled manually to off and then on to reset - If thats not clear - i said it twice

Old 06-30-04, 05:04 PM
Bernardfamily
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Spark Chaser
Another possibility is - Some breakers have to manually be pull to the off position and then turned to the on position - They will look likle they are completly off - but they have to be pulled manually to off and then on to reset - If thats not clear - i said it twice
Yes! That was it. I had pushed all the breakers over to on several times, but didn't shut them off and turn them back on again. WORKED! Thanks for your help!!

Old 06-30-04, 06:35 PM
Spark Chaser
Visiting Guest
You are very welcome !!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: