stupid woman!!

Old 07-01-04, 11:42 AM
bjc27
Visiting Guest
stupid woman!!

I recently managed to reverse over my power washer! the main problem I caused was wrecking the on/off switch. I have just disassembled it but the bits are all loose and I don't know how they were meant to sit. It seems to be a basic on/off switch with 2 metal bits that I assume sit on the middle bit to act as a rocker - but there are also 2 ball bearings running loose - haven't got a single idea where these belong!!

Can anybody possibly explain to me how to re-build this switch (so I can find out if this was the only damage I caused!) preferably with a diagram!!?? Alternatively if there is a web site I could look at for help??

Old 07-01-04, 11:53 AM
M
mgb
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
May be easier to buy a new switch? Is ti an electric power washer or a gas one? I'm confused Not hard to do!

Old 07-01-04, 12:05 PM
bjc27
Visiting Guest
probably would be easier to buy a new switch - but may as well have a go now its all on the floor!!

Its just a little Power Devil Pressure Washer and the switch works that you press one button and the metal thingys(!) tilt down and make a connection, you press the other button - they tilt other way and break connection. But I just can't work out where these ball bearings came from!!

Old 07-01-04, 12:18 PM
M
mgb
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I can't help you, sorry.

Old 07-01-04, 12:51 PM
irsean
Visiting Guest
Usually bearings in a rocker switch means Detents (the things that makes it "click" into place). Look for small dimples in the side or bottom of the "rocker" part of the switch but, even if you find it, it's like threading a needle with oven mitts on in the dark. I would at least go to the nearest appliance dealer that sells your model with the pieces and a heart wrenching story. He will be more than likely be glad to help if it meant a loyal customer even if it's only for parts sales.
Good Luck.

Old 07-01-04, 02:45 PM
bjc27
Visiting Guest
well thanks - you've no faith in the determination of a woman on a mission - and (drum roll..) IT WORKS!!! women rule!! (god I'm impressed with myself can you tell).

So, thanks irsean your info actually helped me work it out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: