Thermostat(wiring)

Old 07-28-04, 08:44 AM
Grizz
Visiting Guest
Thermostat(wiring)

Trying to get information on how to wire Hunter thermostat model#40070A.The house was built in the late 70's I think.There are 4 wires(red,black,white,ground).Inside the thermostat where you stick the wires looks like this[B,RH,RC,W,Y,G],with the jumper wire on the RH and RC terminals.How do I determine which of my house wires goes to the inside of the thermostat?Thanks any info will be helpful.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-04, 09:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Check with Hunter at www.hunterfan.com Go to their customer support center and you can check manuals, FAQ's etc.

Old 07-28-04, 09:43 AM
Grizz
Visiting Guest
Thanks Goldstar,I'll check that out

Old 07-28-04, 09:59 AM
Grizz
Visiting Guest
I checked out hunterfan.com,they list the thermostat but there is no manual listed for it.Thanks again anyway.

Old 07-28-04, 10:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I just looked at their website. If you go to the technical support area and plug in the model 40070 - forget the "A"- you can get the manual. It's an Adobe PDF file.

Old 07-28-04, 10:19 AM
The thermostat will switch 24-volt control-power to three 2-wire circuits---- (1) the gas-valve, (2), the fan (blower) relay, and (3), the compressor-motor contactor located inside the out-door condensing-section.

Each one of these 2-wire circuits has one wire connected to the "C" terminal of the 24-volt control-power transformer.The other terminal of the control-power transformer is identified as "R" .The White thermosat wire will connect the other wire of the gas-valve to the "W" thermostat terminal.The Green wire will connect the other wire of the fan-relay to the "G" thermostat terminal. The Black ( read "Yellow" wire) will connect the other wire of the compressor-motor contactor to the "Y" terminal. The Red wire connects to "R" terminal of the control-power transformer to the "RH" (heat) & "RC" (cool) thermostat terminals.

Call for heat--- therm makes "RH"-to "W" --- gas valve "open"

Fan "manual"--- therm makes "RC"-to "G"--- blower runs

Call for cool-- therm makes "RC"-to "G" and "Y"--- blower runs and compressor-motor contactor switches power to compressor-motor.

Good Luck & Enjoy the Experience!!!!!!!

Good Luck & Enjoy the Experience!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 07-28-04, 10:48 AM
Grizz
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the help guys,I appreciate it alot.This is a great website here.