thermal protection switch for recessed lighting fixture

Old 07-30-04, 10:26 AM
kazakov
Visiting Guest
Red face thermal protection switch for recessed lighting fixture

Hi!I need to buy thermal protection switch for recessed fixture.If somebody has idea, where i can order it and how much will cost one item.Thank you,guys!Mark

Old 07-30-04, 10:53 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
So you need to replace a thermal protector which has failed? If you can't find the replacement thermal protector, for a little more than ten bucks, you can buy a whole new can, which includes the thermal protector. You may think that removing the can is difficult, but it's not.

Old 08-01-04, 10:46 AM
kazakov
Visiting Guest
thermal protection switch

Hi,Mr.Nelson!Thank you for reply,but i did like you said one time.I bought a new can(it costs around 10 bucks)and remuved switch.But now i need to replace another switch so i thought i can buy several switches(for future).Unfortunately i can't find where i can buy thermal switches separately from can.Thank you again.Mark Kazakov.

Old 08-01-04, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I found them at an electronics distributer, but they still cost $10-$12 each.

Old 08-01-04, 01:17 PM
J
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You have got to wonder why you're going through thermal cutoffs so fast. Are you sure you have the can properly installed and are using the correct size, shape and wattage bulb as specified by the manufacturer?

Old 08-01-04, 04:09 PM
Light4u2
Visiting Guest
If this is an insulated can, as it should be your rating should be max 75. I would say your over rating the cans if your burning them up. That is the reason they cut off is due to heat and over rating the lamp created heat over and above the thermal cut out. Now, you need to be below 75 watts and as for buying them at a distributer I am with a distributer and you will buy the whole can cheaper than buying them seperate.

Old 08-01-04, 05:30 PM
kazakov
Visiting Guest
thermal protection switch

Hi,guys!Thank you!I have been living in America 12 years but i still have russian mentality.I thought a small piece should be cost less than small and large pieces together.But i was wrong.As far bulbs it is OK.60w and enough room around. I will buy whole can. Thank you very much.Mark Kazakov.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: