Motion detector problems

Old 08-06-04, 06:24 AM
Bubfn
Visiting Guest
Motion detector problems

I have a motion detector connected to a ceilng fixture (can with flood light) in the entry to my house. The motion detector is on the outside of the entry and activates when someone walks up the walk to the front door.
The light turns on at night when it is activated by the motion detector. After it is activated by the motion detector it will turn off with the wall switch, and then, if the wall switch is then turned back on, the light will turn on again. The problem is that the light will not turn on with the wall switch. The detector's instructions state that to override the auto function flip the switch ON-OFF-ON, just like any other motion detecor that I have.
The home is new construction and this fixture was prewired with the motion detector. The contractor thought that the problem was a faulty motion detector so he had the electrician replace the detector. It still does not function properly. I think that the light/motion detector must not be wired properly. Any ideas?
Frank

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-04, 03:14 PM
Motion Detector

On some newer motion detectors, you cannot just simply do the on-off-on sequence. Sometimes, you need to actually walk outside, stand in front of the light untill it comes on, go back inside, turn the switch off and within 2-seconds, turn it back on. I am not positive what kind and brand of light you have so if that doesn't work...try giving me some more information. Keep me posted on if it worked or not.

Last edited by SafeWatch; 08-14-04 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-11-04, 06:40 AM
Bubfn
Visiting Guest
motion detector

The brand of detector is SATCO. In the instructions it does say that the auto function can be overridden by flipping the wall switch on-off-on quickly, in less than 2 seconds.