Subpanel...but not a question

Old 08-21-04, 03:53 PM
Subpanel...but not a question

Just returned home from a week at our camp in a neighboring state.

Had an electrician replace the old 60-amp four circuit fusebox last fall with a 100 amp breaker panel, and now I'm slowly replacing the circuits.

Picture of new breaker panel... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...MEAug04002.jpg

Sorry...forgot to take a digital picture with the cover off.

The project includes a subpanel in my shed, which had been fed by one 20amp circuit using a fused disconnect switch and a jumper to split it into two branch circuits.

Picture of new subpanel... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...MEAug04010.jpg

You can't see the two 8-foot ground rods 6+ feet apart. And I knew not to bond the neutral bar to the panel. Thanks guys.

Did it with the help of a few books and the folks on this forum. Thanks for all you help...even if you didn't realize you were providing it. I sleep much better at night with the new electricals.

If you see any big red flags with the installation please post.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-04, 06:54 AM
sjr
Visiting Guest
Just curious, but how does the feeder to the sub-panel get from the house to the shed? (above/underground, conduit, etc). Is the feeder NM or UF cable? Tough to tell from photo.

-Steve

Old 08-26-04, 11:22 AM
mgb
Looks like UF to me and I would guess it is aerial as it enters the top of the subpanel.

Old 08-26-04, 07:04 PM
UF. Underground. 18 inch deep trench.

Old 08-27-04, 04:40 AM
sjr
Visiting Guest
I wouldn't claim to be an inspector, but I don't see any blatant red-tag areas. Nice job.

Old 08-27-04, 04:46 AM
Snape
Visiting Guest
That looks like a nice installation nice one, cant really fault it too be honest.

Old 08-27-04, 04:55 AM
Jorren
Visiting Guest
Just curious, where is the main breaker in the first panel? Are you backfeeding a two pole breaker? (If so, is there a breaker lock down kit installed?) Or is there a main disconnect outside the house?
Jorren

Old 08-27-04, 02:54 PM
The main disconnect (100A breaker) is outside at the meter.