Convert 2 single-pole switches to 3 switches

Old 09-06-04, 03:37 PM
hyperexe
Visiting Guest
Convert 2 single-pole switches to 3 switches

I have a box with two single pole switches on one breaker. I want to add another switch that converts one single-pole switch to two switches so that I can control three light sources. I installed a combination 2 single pole switch, following instructions, but only the original single-pole switch and the top of the combo switch work.

One single-pole switch has three wires and the other has two. I tried converting the two wire having the hot wire coming into the combo switch and piggying to the single-pole switch (instructions say only have the hot wire connected to the top of the combo switch). Each common wire from both lights are attach to their respective switch and tied into the source.

Does this make since, I do not know all the jargon, but am able to do simple wiring.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

TC

Old 09-06-04, 04:35 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
This is a duplicate post to one TC entered in the lighting forum. I am going to lock this thread. Anyone who wants to help TC with this problem, please go over to the lighting forum. I am providing this link for your convenience in getting there.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: