Need opinions on GE Load Center

Old 09-19-04, 02:33 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Need opinions on GE Load Center

I'm planning on installing a subpanel for the woodworking shop in the next month or so. Menard's has a sale on a three different models of 100 amp load centers with built in main breaker, 20 single-pole spaces, and an assortment of other breakers. The price of each is $50. The one that seems like the best deal - since I can use all the breakers that come with it - is the GE model, which comes with 3-15 amp and 2-20 amp breakers (single pole). Is this a good model in terms of ease of installation and durability?

The other choices, all for $50 but with one or more breakers I don't need, are Square D/Home Line and Cutler Hammer. If these are significantly better than the GE please let me know...thanks!

Old 09-19-04, 02:38 PM
Received 14 Upvotes on 10 Posts
I also bought a GE 100amp panel from Menards in 1993 for my house, and have had no problems with it. Beware that this panel will not accept half size breakers.
Everyone seems to like the Square D load centers too, but I'd go with the GE based on price.

Old 09-20-04, 08:58 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
20 spaces will be more than I need, so half-breakers won't be an issue. Thanks for your input.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: