Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electrical - AC & DC
Reload this Page >

want to install GFCI and single pole combo. switch in place of switch/outlet combo.

want to install GFCI and single pole combo. switch in place of switch/outlet combo.

Old 10-27-04, 06:51 PM
bryan1282
Visiting Guest
Question want to install GFCI and single pole combo. switch in place of switch/outlet combo.

hello, i want to replace a switch/outlet combo with a GFCI outlet and a single pole combination switch, the old switch controls a ceiling light and a light above my mirror in my bathroom. i want to make each light opperate individually. the power comes in to the light on the celing, then connects to the switch, the wires from the light on my mirror goes to the switch and they all connect there. i am a little unsure on how to connect the new switch and GFCI to all the wires, hoping someone can help me out. thanks i really appreciate it.

Old 10-27-04, 07:43 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Start by telling us how all thw wires are presently connected at each location. This will allow us to make certain that things are as you say they are, and will allow us the correct connections.

Old 10-29-04, 03:14 PM
bryan1282
Visiting Guest
hey,
the power cable actually starts in the switch box, its armored cable, i think its called bx. white and black enter switch box. white, black and red cable exit box and run to ceiling light. black and white wire exit box and run to light on mirror. is that what you needed to know???
thanks.

Old 10-29-04, 06:56 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Start by telling us how all the wires are presently connected at each location. This will allow us to make certain that things are as you say they are, and will allow us the correct connections.

How are the wires connected at each location?

What do the power wires connect to? What do the ceiling light wires connect to? What do the wall light wires connect to?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: