Clothes Dryer Blows Circuit Breaker

Old 11-03-04, 04:40 PM
Clothes Dryer Blows Circuit Breaker

Hi! Whenever my dryer starts to kick into gear (I guess that's what it's called!) it blows a circuit breaker. It's a pretty new dryer. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-04, 05:16 PM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: sentrase. Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site.

I moved your question into this forum topic, since it pertains to the electric power most likely supplied the appliance than a problem with the machine. However, not much info provided.

Suspect the dryer is an electric dryer and not a gas dryer, based on the questions prior forum topic location. If the machine is an electric dryer, may be the machine draws too much current for the circuit breaker.

The electrical professionals are best suited and able to help you further. Kindly use the reply button to add more details and specific info so an accurate diagnostics can be done and an accurate reply provided.

Check back on your question several more times. Professionals posting replies in this forum topic will provide additional advice, ideas and or suggestions.

Kindly use the reply button to add additional information or questions, if needed and after a reply is posted. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically.

Regards & Good Luck
Sharp Advice
Web Site Host & Forums Monitor

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 11-05-04, 05:39 PM
Has the dryer been working and just started doing this, or is this the first time you have tried to use the dryer at this location. Also, what size is the circuit breaker that is tripping?

Old 11-05-04, 06:45 PM
Sounds like a problem in the dryer to me. Could be vibrating and wire is shorting to the frame?
What is different about the 'normal' cycle than the others? Hotter? longer?