short?

Reply

  #1  
Old 11-04-04, 10:59 AM
charliet's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: bay city, mi
Posts: 41
short?

i was scraping loose paint on an interior wall and my metal scraper hit the metal outlet box. i got a good spark and tripped the switch. i reset the switch and everything seems ok, or is it? i live in a 90 year old home that has mostly newer[romex] wiring with some older wiring in spots they couldn't get at.any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-04-04, 11:07 AM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central New York State
Posts: 13,973
Please describe what you mean by "hit the metal outlet box".
 
  #3  
Old 11-04-04, 11:37 AM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 18,497
There is probably something marginal in the box. When you hit it with the scraper, you probably vibrated it enough for a hot wire to touch the box. I would pull it all out, remake all the connections, and repack the box.
 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
'