How to Ground Myers Well Pump

Old 11-04-04, 07:17 PM
How to Ground Myers Well Pump

I have a Myers Jet Pump Model QP10 that I use for lawn irregation. We just moved into the house so I'm trying to work out all the bugs as I see them. I'm replumbing the copper to the pump because of a shoddy job and got into the wiring to disconnect it so I could move the pump around.

It's run on 110v and the supply voltage is switched from a 24v relay tied into my sprinkler control. Scary thing is that the pump is not grounded, and it's wired with 14-2 romex with a ground cable. The bare copper ground cable was just sitting loose under the inspection cover. The manufacture date on the pump is 1989, so I'm sure it'll accept a ground. I'm not sure where to hook it up?

Under the inspection cover the hot/black cable was hooked to a terminal labeled "L2B" and the neutral was wired to a terminal labeled "L1". There's a center terminal on the board labeled "A". Should the ground be attached here?

By the way, this particular unit will operate on 110 or 220. The pump works just fine the way it was wired.

Thanks for your responses.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-04, 03:26 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
In the upper corner of the wiring compartment is a green screw. It is into the aluminum case, NOT the board. If the motor is that new I guarantee there is a ground screw.