help w/elect. problem

Old 11-12-04, 07:01 AM
kerryshinn
Visiting Guest
Unhappy help w/elect. problem

Hi all, I have a 1972 double wide trailer. We have had flickering lights since we moved in, but now, our electricity is out all on one side except one of the ceiling lights in one of the rooms works. My husband tested the breaker-its getting power, but... we have no power to the rooms. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Right before we lost power, I had plugged in a light in one of the rooms, the power flickered off and on then off, I unplugged it. We have in the past thrown power to this side of the house, but it has always came back on with the flipping back on the breakers.

Last edited by kerryshinn; 11-12-04 at 10:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-04, 07:05 AM
If there is power leaving the breaker then you have an open connection at one of the receptacles or outlets. Use a receptacle tester and see if it tells you anything, such as open neutral.

Is this only one single circuit, or are multiple circuits involved?

You may very well have to start checking each and every receptacle and outlet on the circuit until you find the open connection. While checking, move any backstabbed connections on receptacles to the screw terminals.

Old 11-12-04, 07:21 AM
If you have lost power on more than one circuit, call your power company.

Old 11-12-04, 12:16 PM
kerryshinn
Visiting Guest
thanks

Originally Posted by racraft
If there is power leaving the breaker then you have an open connection at one of the receptacles or outlets. Use a receptacle tester and see if it tells you anything, such as open neutral.

Is this only one single circuit, or are multiple circuits involved?

You may very well have to start checking each and every receptacle and outlet on the circuit until you find the open connection. While checking, move any backstabbed connections on receptacles to the screw terminals.

Yes, it is a single circuit. Thanks for your help.

Old 11-12-04, 12:18 PM
kerryshinn
Visiting Guest
thanks

Thank you again for your reply. Yes, it is a single circuit.