Outdoor Knob & Tube


Old 11-12-04, 02:28 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Outdoor Knob & Tube

I just bought a 60 yr old house that has some knob & tube wiring running outside to a flood light. What type of wire is required for outside use (the current wire runs under the eave of the house and I would like to replace it in the same place)? Does the wiring have to be enclosed or can outdoor UL rated wire be attached directly under the eave? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-04, 03:02 PM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 18,497
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If it is supported at least every 4.5 feet, not subject to sunlight (unless the cable is marked sunlight-resistant) and not in a location subject to physical damage (subjective call), then UF-B cable stapled to the eave is fine. All splices must be in permanently accessible junction boxes.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: