electrical box

Old 11-16-04, 08:06 AM
ker
Visiting Guest
electrical box

I have a couple situations that I have ran into and I'm looking for some advice.
1- I have an outlet box that has the "screw on" wire clamp on top. It is in the middle and is a small box. It is hard to push the wires back in. When I did a coupld of wires folded sharply. Is this okay.

2- I have a two switch box that is back in the drywall about 1/8 - 1/4". The drywall job is not the neatest. Is there away to bring this box out or is it okay to just not screw in the switches all the way. Again, this is a box where you punch out the circles and use wire clamps. Not alot of room and I can barely fit my dimmer swithc in it. Actually the dimmer switch cannot be full tightened because of the wires behind it.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-04, 09:01 AM
hi
in reply to your question
1- I have an outlet box that has the "screw on" wire clamp on top. It is in the middle and is a small box. It is hard to push the wires back in. When I did a coupld of wires folded sharply. Is this okay.
You should have about 6 inches of wire in it try to fold them up and then down to look like roman shade

2- I have a two switch box that is back in the drywall about 1/8 - 1/4". The drywall job is not the neatest. Is there away to bring this box out or is it okay to just not screw in the switches all the way. Again, this is a box where you punch out the circles and use wire clamps. Not alot of room and I can barely fit my dimmer swithc in it. Actually the dimmer switch cannot be full tightened because of the wires behind it.
You can purchase box extension at your electrical supplier
there made to cover extend part of you electrical box.
you can get 1 1/2" 6/32 screw to fasten the switch to the box does not mean you have to used the csrews that came with the box