No Idea!!! (Learning To Wire)

Old 11-28-04, 04:34 PM
Question No Idea!!! (Learning To Wire)

Ok, I have no idea what I am doing. I know this is simple electrical, but I never even picked up a book on this stuff. I am just wiring a bathroom in my basement and one extra light under stairs. Easy access to all and breaker box. Is there anything that shows a diagram??? In a book or on the net, doesnt matter. Thanks for any help you can give.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-04, 04:46 PM
Put down the wire and pick up a book. There are a lot of rules about wiring a bathroom that you need to learn. A book is the best place to do it.

Old 11-29-04, 10:04 AM
skohlmey
Visiting Guest
Any decent public library will have books on basic electrical work. Some books will outine the basic requirements for wiring bathrooms as one of the projects in a book.

Old 11-30-04, 12:19 PM
The books will only give general examples. None will show you step by step how to wire your particular bathroom. However, some of the examples might be close. Like everyone else has said...Baths have very specific codes for safety. I hope you weigh heavily the health and safety of you and your family with the cost savings by not hiring an electrician (especially since you say you "have no idea what you are doing") This is a complicated first project for a novice. Just my $0.02.