Running Wire

Old 12-01-04, 06:33 PM
Superman
Visiting Guest
Running Wire

OK, I am planning to install lots of recessive(can) lights in my ceiling. How hard is it to run wire? What type of wire should I be using. I believe it is romex right?

I have done lots of light installation on the outside of the house so I do know how wiring works.

Is this job better to hire an electrician and how much will it approximately cost to run wire for all rooms? I don't need him to install the recessive lights but just running the wire. It looks like a hard job.

Thank You

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-04, 06:42 PM
In most but not all cities, Romex (officially NM-B) cable is allowed. You did not choose to reveal your location when you registered, so I can't say about your city.

Whether it is better to do it yourself or hire an electrician depends on how handy you are, how easily you understand technical information, and how much you enjoy learning and doing.

I suggest you go to your library and enter "home wiring" in the word search engine. Read a book or two. Then decide whether you want to do it yourself or hire it done. If reading a book on home wiring is not your idea of fun, then the decision makes itself.