Service-Drop Connection Brick Veneer

Old 12-05-04, 01:22 PM
jlp
Visiting Guest
Service-Drop Connection Brick Veneer

Hi,
I recently had a contractor install some new flashing on the gable end of my house and when the reinstalled the insulator for the service drop, they missed any main wood and installed into a 1 inch piece of wood. Needless to say, the weight of the service drop started pulling everything down. So to keep everything from coming down, I used a eybolt installed thru the brick into the wood in the attic and attached with a nut and washer, then used a turnbuckle attached to the eyebolt and the service drop to relieve the pressure off the insulator and disconnect it. I have now replaced the flashing and wood underneath but would like to relocate the service-drop attachment point one foot to the right and into the brick/attic wood like I have it now.
My question is do I need to have an Insulated Device to attach the service drop clip too, or can I just attach the clip to a galvanized eyebolt like I have it now. The Service drop consists of two insulated cables with the aluminum cable where the wedge/clip is attached.
I am located in southeast Virginia if that matters.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-04, 01:56 PM
Here in the Northeast the utility company is responsible for the vertical drop to the house. I had the same situation where the siders relocated the insulator and 2 years later it pulled out. I called the poco and they came right out and installed a new one.

Worth checking out...

Old 12-05-04, 02:42 PM
I would install the new insulator and then call the local POCO and have them move it for you.