Whirlpool Gas Range

Old 12-10-04, 04:35 PM
Mark Hedahl
Visiting Guest
Whirlpool Gas Range

Hi guys

The fellows over at the gas appliance forum thought I should send you my problem, they thought you could give me some additional info on my problem, so here it is.

I have a Whirlpool Gas Range with electronic ignition and recently the module board had to be replaced ...now the new module keeps over heating and am afraid to use it over a long period of time. Have traced all wires and found no shorts in the system. The house is run on a generator system, could this be my problem. When I use my voltmeter I get a negative reading I have never seen that before. The generator is putting out 117 volts.

It is a Whirlpool Gas Range Super Capacity 465
M# SF379LEKQ
S# RM4011025

I would appreciate your input also.

Thank you much Mark

Old 12-10-04, 09:23 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You can't get a negative reading from an AC voltmeter. Are you sure you're using your meter correctly?

Old 12-11-04, 01:31 PM
Received 14 Upvotes on 10 Posts
I think its likely that your generator is putting transient noise on the line, and somehow your range doesn't like it. I am assuming that since your range is gas, it is running on a 120V branch circuit. What else is running on this branch circuit?

Old 12-11-04, 02:10 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Generators do not put out clean voltage. It is not advisable to run computers, televisions and other electronic equipment on a generator unless you have something in line (like a good quality UPS) to clean the power.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: