Mapping out new service

Old 12-11-04, 11:07 AM
billyjack
Visiting Guest
Mapping out new service

I am mapping out a system ( in new construction ) for a pole barn/garage. I want to install five cieling lites, all within 15 ft. of each other and control all of them from two locattions in the garage. I realize a couple of the givens are : two 3 way switches, 14/2 wire and 14/3 wire. I'm in the maping stages, so I have all the flexability to do it right and the easiest way possible.
I have already installed a subpanel, 100 amp 20 breaker service box in this new building and are ready to finish maping this out. I have a moderate amount of experience with systems. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-11-04, 11:46 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What you need to decide is what makes sent to you, and how much wiring you want to do. I would try to minimize wiring if I were you.

Old 12-11-04, 02:21 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
There are many ways of wiring two 3-way switches controlling multiple lights. Whenever feasible, I always recommend Power-switch=switch-light-light-light-light-light-..., where "-" is 14/2 and "=" is 14/3. This cable routing offers the fewest ways of screwing it up.

If it was me, I'd use 12/2 and 12/3 instead of 14/2 and 14/3, but the 14-gauge is okay.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: