Dedicated Circuit in Bathroom

Old 12-17-04, 09:05 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dedicated Circuit in Bathroom

I am wiring a bathroom I am finishing in our basement. My question is this. if I am wiring all with 12 ga. do I need to have a dedicated circuit for the bathroom recepitcal?

Code requires a dedicated circuit for bathroom recepticals, but this is if you are wiring the lights with 14 ga, right?

Or can the vanity light, exhaust fan, and GFCI Receptical all be on the circuit as long as it is 12 ga?

Thanks,

abkent

Old 12-17-04, 09:18 AM
T
You need a 20A circuit for the bathroom. Nothing else can share this circuit, but of your course you can use it to power the vanity lights and exaust fan, along with the wall outlet.

Old 12-17-04, 10:12 AM
Exclamation Two approaches allowed

You can take one of two approaches to bathroom receptacles.

A single twenty ampere circuit can be used to supply only receptacle outlets in two or more different bathrooms.

A single twenty ampere circuit may be used to supply several loads including the basin receptacle in only one bathroom.

In other words if the circuit supplies only receptacles it can supply them in several bathrooms.

If it supplies a bathroom receptacle and other loads all of those loads must be in the same bathroom as the receptacle. This does not require that all the loads in the bathroom be supplied by the same circuit.
--
Tom H

Old 12-17-04, 10:24 AM
Please delete. Wrong thread!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: