Rewiring/upgrading service panel

Old 12-17-04, 10:05 PM
RaiderZJ
Visiting Guest
Rewiring/upgrading service panel

I want to rewire my home and upgrade my service panel. I want to rewire the entire house and upgrade to a 200a service. I would like some advice on how many circuits I need in each room. The only 220v lines I need in the house are the clothes dryer and 1 electric heater in the family room. I am pretty good on the fundamentals on the electrical system. I can fish the wires where they need to be and wire up outlets no problem. What I need to know is about the planning of the system; how many circuits of what "a" do I need where? Thanks for the help.

Old 12-18-04, 04:45 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
This is too big a question for us to answer here. You need to read. Buy at least two books on home wiring and read them. Those books will discuss all the questions you have asked, and the ones you haven't asked. This is not a question where you want to rely only on the answers you get here, or any other bulletin board.

When you think you have the answer, draw up what you propose and then have it reviewed, hopefully by more than one person. It at least needs to be reviewed by the person who will be inspecting the work..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: