anti shock bushing for 3/4 ac


Old 12-30-04, 06:27 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question anti shock bushing for 3/4 ac

i am planning to install a new cook top stove and want to replace the old se cable that runs inside the cabinet below the cook top to a short section of 3/4 armored cable. i can't seem to find a store that carries the red antishock bushing for the ends of the ac in the right diameter (checked 2 bib box stores, an electrical /plumbing supply store and a hardware store) . any ideas would be appreciated! :mask: :mask:
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-04, 06:56 PM
ampz's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 536
Are you using A.C {conductors in the armor} or is it actually flexable metallic tubing {FMT}.Also called greenfield it doesn't require antishorts like A.C or M.C.
Old 12-30-04, 08:26 PM
HandyRon's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 1,365
Antishort redheads are required for AC cable, not MC cable or FMT. You can surely use them for MC and FMT if you choose.
Old 12-31-04, 07:37 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
i think i have fmt so i am all set thanks!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes