Mystery Outlet

Old 01-05-05, 05:09 PM
elaineclaire
Visiting Guest
Mystery Outlet

I have two, 2-plug electrical outlets in my tiny home office. Each one had a surge protector plugged into it. Before going on a trip, I turned off both surge protectors. When I got back, one of them wouldn't turn on. The problem is the outlet--I've tried lots of appliances, and nothing works in either plug on this one outlet (which was working fine before I left). No other electrical problems in the house or office. I've now plugged BOTH surge protectors into the one working outlet, so I've got power. But I'd like to get the other outlet working. It's a MYSTERY to me. Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 01-05-05, 05:13 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Are you sure that the problem is the receptacle? What else is on this same circuit? Do you know for sure that other items on the same circuit work? Did you try resetting the circuit breaker, by turning it completely off and then on?

have you used a circuit tester to see if there is power to the receptacle at all?

Old 01-05-05, 05:19 PM
elaineclaire
Visiting Guest
Mystery Outlet

racraft--thanks for your post. There seem to be no other items on the same circuit. I haven't tested the outlet--don't have a circuit tester. Haven't tried resetting the circuit breaker, either. Will give that a try. Appreciate your help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: